Friday, March 09, 2007

There's a ton of stuff going on in the area this weekend and next weekend. Heres a list of some stuff to chose from:

-Of course there is Shamrock Fest. I decided against going this year (rather my wallet decided for me). I will be doing a pre-party at my friend Derin's where she promises eggs, bacon, potatoes, and mimosas. I'll probably make myself a Bloody Mary :)

-The Hirshorn is hosting an After hours event tonight which reveals a new installation in the museums lobby. You can also take an "Insomniac" tour of the museum, drink, and play with Lite-Brites. Can't go to this either cause of the damn wallet!

-DCist Exposed kicks off tonight March 9 and will be showing till March 16.

-March Madness blah blah blah, here are some places to go watch the games in the DC area.

-The muy expensive, but very fun DC International Wine and Food Festival. I love wine, I love food, and I love festivals. I wish I could go to this.

-The National Museum for Women in the Arts is showing a special exhibit, Katrina Mississippi Women Remember from March 9- May 28.

-The DC Independent Film Festival will also be wrapping up this weekend. Looks like I missed International Womens Day. The next few days have some good offerings.

Have any other inside information? These are just a short list of the special events I heard about for this weekend, there could be many others. I'm sure you are all gearing up for St. Patricks Day as well. I'm not as excited as I have been in previous years. Anywho...could this day go ANY SLOWER!?!?!?!?!???? GOSH!

No comments: