Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What happened to Jewel?

How does an artist go from songs like this:


to this:


Its supposed to be funny, right? I was looking for some sort of message in the Intuition lyrics, but I just wasn't getting it. And this is coming from someone who purchased and actually enjoyed Jewels book of poetry.

This all came up after spending an hour on a feminist blog then later looking through Co-Op Americas Responsible Shopper site and listening to Jewel's Pieces of You album so I think I may just be feeling a bit self righteous. There are a crap load of other things I could complain about that have more signifigance than how Jewel might have changed her image, but oh well, its me and I'm sad to say I do still pay attention to celebrity going ons.

1 comment:

Jambon said...

Jewel really brings out the male chauvinist in me....cause even though I agree she sold out, I always remind myself that she still has a fantastic set of knockers.