Thursday, September 28, 2006

Cool stuff to do this weekend:

- I just heard about the Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair in Adams Morgan this Sunday, October 1 and I am super excited about it. Sure it looks like everything there will be overpriced, but its something fun to do and I'm all about supporting starving artists. My favorite blog, PostSecret will also have a booth there.

- Speaking of PostSecret, the mastermind behind this community art project, Frank Warren, will be featured at the George Mason Fall for the Book Festival next week. I'm still trying to decide if I want to attend the gallery reception or presentation.

-Both Saturday and Sunday you can find lots of fun at that Virginia Wine Festival in Leesburg. I would go, but after my last wine festival at the Tarara Vineyard's Blackberry Festival a couple months ago I haven't really been quite the wino that I once was. Lets just say I'd rather not show my face there untill maybe the Fall Barrel Tasting in November. Anyways...if you go to the festival this weekend, go visit my friend Susie whos pouring at the Hidden Brook booth. Tell her Lucy sent you and she might fill up your glass something extra!

-Of course, there is the Redskins game vs. the Jaguars at home this Sunday. If you have tickets, I envy you. I just put my name on the list to get season tickets so I'm expecting a call for those in 2050. If you ever need some company at one of the home games (especially the Cowboys game) I'm always available.

-2006 National Book Festival on the Mall.

-I just read sad news that the Blocktober Fest will not be taking place this year. Apparently, Arlington County said they would not host the event anymore, but a TBA location has already been set in place for next year. If you're anything like me, you're probably wondering what will happen to Shamrock Fest. Well, the website says its still on for March 10, 2007, but the location is still TBA. I wonder where this mystery place is located?

-Do you like depressing music? You would probably enjoy Cryfest at the Black Cat Friday night. A DJ takes turns spinning The Smiths and The Cure all night long. I like to think of it as the original emo music, only way better. A friend of mine went last year and said to get there early if you want to get in and dress in layers because it is hot and crowded inside.

-Oh! Don't forget about the Maryland Rennaissance Festival! I know I just stated in my introduction that I'm not a huge fan of MD, but this is an event worth making the trip to no mans land. It is SO much fun, and not terrible expensive for what you get. Snaps if you dress up, expect to see a lot of...interesting characters.

Ok, thats all I have time for. There is much, much to do this weekend, so if I missed anything you would like to promote or share, please feel free to add it in the comments section. And I don't want to hear anyone whining about there being nothing to do from now on cause I just spent my entire afternoon avoiding work looking up dozens of events in the Metropolitan area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great job Lucy... I really think you would enjoy
CityLightsCityStreets.com