Friday, October 06, 2006

Stuff I'm doing this weekend...

Since it mostly looks like rain up until Sunday, my big plan is to stay in and do chores tonight and tomorrow. Sounds exciting huh? I do have a fabulous dinner plans for Saturday night to celebrate my friend Susie's birthday. We will be dining at Dupont Grille, which I've never been to before, but the menu looks scrumptious as does the wine menu.

If the weather clears up by Sunday, I'm going to try hitting up Eastern Market early morning. I just heard that they have a great slection of food merchants. Time to stock up on meats and cheeses!


Stuff you can do this weekend...

-Middle Distance Runner is playing at the Velvet Lounge Saturday night with The Dance Party and e. Joseph. I always recommend MDR to indie music fans. I might go myself, but I'm not a big fan of the venue at Velvet Lounge. Last MDR show I went to I didnt even have to move to jump up and down cause the floor was bouncing. Just a bit too crammed in for my taste. I'll be trying to make it to the show on 10.28 at Iota. Although I have a movie premiere that day too...I digress........

-Snakes on a Plane Friday! and lots of other great flicks at the Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse.

-Just found out about this thing called First Fridays where art galleries in the Dupont Circle area area free and open to the public from 5 - 8pm the first Friday of each month. A lot of galleries serve food and wine...some even have musicians.

-Mid-Atlantic Oktoberfest at the Capitol City Brewing Co. this Saturday from noon-7pm. For $20 you get unlimited samples of a variety of beers, german music and the Alpine Dancers.

-Perhaps you might be interested in getting some rain boots with all this wetness going on. My feet got soaked this morning during my commute and I refuse to sit through another day with wet toes.

-Oh, if you are planning on hitting up the museums at any point between now and summer of 2008 let me tell you where NOT to go. The National Museum of American History closed Sept. 5 for renovations. I found out a couple week ago when I was on a quest to visit every Smithsonian on the mall. (My suggestion is to skip the Castle. Not worth getting through security.)

-Sunday is BINGO! night at the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department. Not sure if I'll hit it up this weekend, but I may become a bingo regular. I love me some bingo. This information is courtesy of Moni who is (un)fortunate enough to work with me here at the office and she is also a volunteer at VVFD.

-If you are lucky enough to have a fireplace (or know someone with one), I think that is the best idea for tonight and tomorrow night. Thank You For Smoking and United 93 are both good picks for rentals.

-Some movies in the theaters that look promising (to me anyways..it is my blog):
Little Miss Sunshine
The Last Kiss
The Illusionist
The Science of Sleep
The U.S vs. John Lennon
The Black Dahlia

If you are lucky enough to have Monday off (I am not), enjoy yourself! Perhaps you can catch up on whats going on in daytime soap operas. Let me know whats going on on Passions!

No comments: