Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Washingtonpost.com site rocks!

I was just searching through the City Guide section for possible things to do this week/weekend and found some really cool stuff:

-Everything...but the Turkey where a few hundred volunteers get together and make Thanksgiving dinner for various homeless shelters in the city. It takes place at the District of Columbia Community Center, but you don't have to be Jewish to get involved.

-Food Network hottie Dave Lieberman will be co-hosting the Capital Food Fight 2006 tomorrow evening at the Ronald Reagan Building. It looks like it will be kind of a live Iron Chef. Tickets are kinda pricey, but it looks like a really fun event!

-Drag Bingo at Chaos on Tuesday nights. Their tagline: 'Bingo like you've never seen it.'

-I didn't even know Swing dancing was still in, but Clarendon Ballroom holds a swing night from 9-11 on Tuesdays...if you're not into the drag bingo. You can find a bunch of other Swing events here.

-Ok Go will be playing at the 9:30 Club this Sunday, but unfortunately tickets are sold out :(

If I find anything else, I'll let you know

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FIRST: Thanks for keeping us informed on local activities. I'd like to see you talk more about your political involvement and how others could get involved if they were interested.
SECOND: OMG...How did my daughter become so grown-up? If she's an adult that means I'm an over-the-hill old lady! UGH.
THIRD: Why aren't any of you people responding to my daughter's blogs? C'mon now people!