Friday, January 19, 2007


Belated Martin Luther King Day tribute doubles as the Political Cartoon of the Week.


This week I was a complete stress ball and I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Not that work is stressing me out right now, actually it's been pretty quiet with people being in and out of the office a lot this week. Its just personal crapola that's got me stressin. I'm a believer that negative things occur in threes (with me having three strikes in the last three months or so), but add life altering decisions to the mix and you've got the weight of Chicago Bears linebacker on your shoulders. Miraculously, I'm having little to no back problems.


I just received an email from the Arlington Young Democrats in the form of a State of the Union watching party. I love it when people have a sense of humor about politics (see left).

I was excited to hear that Senator Jim Webb will be delivering the Democratic rebuttle to Bush's State of the Union. It is the second year in a row a Virginia Democrat has been chosen to give the rebuttle, with Governor Tim Kaine being the first to do so last year. There are talks that Virginia could become a swing state in the 2008 election, which would be pretty exciting. The usual Right-leaning state has elected two Democratic Governors in a row and just put a Democrat in the Senate against all odds. Could Virginia being turning Blue???

I'll leave you with this Public Service Announcement and be back later with linky goodness:

No comments: