Friday, January 19, 2007

I'm running out of time in the work day so I'm just going to post a few quickie links of interest. There isn't much going on this weekend that I know of. I have Happy Hour in t-minus 60 minutes(or less) at Fridays and Saturday night I'm going to my friend Megans birthday party. On Sunday my roommate and I may hit up the infamous Ben's Chili Bowl in the U Street Corridor. I've only been in that area to go to Black Cat which was formerly The Cage. Ahh...The Cage. I have found memories of using my fake id to get in there on Friday nights back in high school. I probably never even had more than half a rum and coke when I went there (the only drink I knew cause my parents drank it), but it was the thrill of getting into a 21+ club at age 17.

-Coincidentally, the ever wonderful Middle Distance Runner is playing at the Black Cat Saturday night on the main stage. They just got a bunch of their equipment stolen in Brooklyn recently so they could really use your $$.

-Read a great blog earlier about a squirrel sneaking into a DC house scarring the bejezus out of one of the tenants.

-I didn't realize Obama was a smoker. I also heard something about him confessing about substance abuse in his book. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I wouldn't be surprised if he did have an issue in the past. Cause you know, all of us cigarette smokers are secretly heroin addicts as well. At least every non-smoker looks at us like we're shooting heroin when we light up within 10 feet of them (especially at Sweet Water Tavern in Merrifield).

-The Real World DC style.

-My mom will be very upset to hear that Passions has been cancelled.

Ok well thats it for this week folks, unless I get the urge to post something this weekend (highly doubtful). I'm off to my Happy Hour(s) at Fridays. Oh and thats Fridays IN Tysons, not the Toilet Bowl one, cause if you didn't hear, that one closed last week. Its amazing. It was my favorite place to love to hate (besides Clarendon Ballroom). I will always remember how no matter what day of the week or what time of day, I always recognized a fellow high school classmate or other random person I knew from a friend of a friend. There was always someone talk to there and catch up with. Aaaaand....I'm over it :) The new Fridays in Tysons is so much nicer and well lit. And you can't beat the Happy Hour(s) specials!

$2 draft beers
$3 cosmos, LITs, mojitos, margaritas, rum & cokes, and some other mixed drinks
1/2 price appetizers

ROCK!

Have a fab weekend :)

No comments: